Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Odds and Ends

I'm going to go backwards here and start with "ends."

I was enjoying breakfast with the boys this morning, Big Brother sitting across from me, his face partially obscured by a tower of Legos, Little Brother strapped into his high chair next to me, when all of a sudden Little Brother made "THE FACE."

You know "THE FACE", the "suddenly quiet-turning slightly red-concentrating very hard-letting out a little grunt-I just pooped my pants" face. I love that face--cracks me up every time. What makes it even more amusing is that Little Brother makes that face while sitting in the high chair like clockwork. The probability he poops given that he's in his high chair approaches 85-90%. It's like moths to a flame.

And so, I hereby rename the high chair his "Poop Chair." (Of course, I immediately took him to the "throne room" and changed him). However, maybe Little Brother's on to something here, maybe he (and children everywhere) have already discovered the cure for constipation: just sit in a tall chair and eat something. Somebody should market that.

Big Brother not to be outdone, we'll now switch to "odds".

We took Little Brother to the pediatrician for a check-up this morning. The entire time the doctor was in the room, Big Brother played constantly with the stirrups that pulled out of the exam table. After the doctor left, while we were waiting for the nurse to come give Little Brother his shots, Big Brother continued to play with the stirrups. He would fold them in and out while standing on the step at the bottom of the table. Big Brother proceeded to tell us about how he was using the stirrups to operate a train. One stirrup made the train go, the other was a semaphore that told the train when to go and when to stop.

Although a little "odd" choice of something to play with, Big Brother's actions here were yet another reminder of how children "think outside the box". I'm constantly impressed with his growing imagination and creativity--he only needs his mind to have fun.

Lastly, for your amusement, I'll "end" with a little cartoon humor


Cheers,
Busy-Dad-e

1 comment:

  1. Those silly boys! They sure do make life interesting!

    ReplyDelete