Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Liebster Award

I was delighted that Bill over at ihopeiwinatoaster.blogspot.com bequeathed upon me a Liebster blog award.  The Liebster is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  "Liebster" is German for favorite.  This award is the "favorite blog award" then.  The 
I wish this "major award" came with a leg lamp, or something fra-gee-lay in a giant box, or a lifetime supply of Tum-E Yummies.  But alas, no.

So, here's the scoop:

The Rules:

          1.  Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
          2.  Answer the 11questions the awarder has given you, the awardee.
          3.  You, now the awarder, create 11 questions for your nominees, who are now the awardees.
          4.  Choose 11 awardees, link to their website, and notify them. 
          5.  No award-backs.

11 things about me: 

1.   I'm currently training for my first marathon.

2.   I've lived in 3 different states.
3.   My work has afforded me opportunities for foreign travel.
4.   I once won a Bob Ross "Joy of Painting" t-shirt in a trivia contest.
5.   I love watching episodes of my childhood cartoons - such as Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats - with my boys.
6.   As a high school senior, we were required to learn the prologue to Chaucer's Canterbury Tales IN MIDDLE ENGLISH, and I've never forgotten it.
7.   My paternal grandparents have been married for 76 years, and my grandpa turns 100 in 2013.
8.   One of the best perks of fatherhood is getting to play with toys.
9.   I don't read for pleasure.
10. I wish that pizza was a vegetable.
11. I love to ballroom dance with Mom-E.  

Answer the questions from the Awarder:

          1.  Were you pleasantly surprised or slightly irritated when I tagged you with this?
Pleasantly surprised.  Yours was the first non-spam comment on my blog in about 2 weeks.
          2.  Do you think I am sorry for that?
Not in the slightest.
          3.  If you were to smack me upside the head for passing this on to you with your favorite book, 
               what book would that be?
I don't really have a favorite book.  I'd probably use the Thomas and Friends Railway Stories anthology, because it's really thick and already falling apart.
          4.  If you had back the (enter minutes spent on this exercise here - 20), what would you do with 

               them?
Sleep in.
          5.  Do you think perfect strangers should stalk around the Internet and bestow odd awards and 
               ask random questions?  Why or why not?
I'm cool with that.  So long as it's on the up & up, and one's anonymity isn't compromised (if they so choose to keep things anonymous).
          6.  How can words be so beautiful to read and so frightening to write?

If you write from the heart, there's nothing to fear.
          7.  Do you like my hat?

Yes.  I'm bald.  I'm a big fan of hats.
          8.  How many hotdogs do you consume on a weekly basis?

Zero.  I'm much more of a brat than a hotdog guy.
          9.  You seem like a decent person, how did you become so?

My parents "raised me right."
         10.  Pop-up toaster or toaster over?

Pop-up toaster.  4-slice.
         11.  Where do you physically blog, as in, where are you right now and, did you ever suspect 

                blogging would be this damned complicated?
I usually blog in our "play room" after the kids go to bed.  I often find that blog-spiration comes in spurts.  Several wacky things will happen, and I'll bing out a week's worth of posts in an hour.

My questions for the Awardees:
1.   Coke or Pepsi?
2.   Pepperoni or Plain Cheese?
3.   What are you most passionate about?
4.   Do you believe in absolute truth?
5.   Where in the world would you most like to visit?
6.   Which of my posts are your favorite?
7.   What is your favorite thing about being a parent?
8.   Do you floss before or after brushing?
9.   What makes you truly happy?
10. What is your favorite hobby?
11. What one question would you like to ask me?

Awardees:
America was born as a nation of rebels.  And I'm going to exercise that same American spirit here.  Honestly, I wouldn't know 11 people to nominate for the award.  I know there are tons of great bloggers out there - it's just not feasible for me to follow or find them.  So I will name 2, and if anyone else wants to answer the questions, go for it!

1.  the woRD on fitness
2.  O'Shea Family Weblog
3.  AnOrdinaryDad

See you on Fatherhood Friday,
Thanks again, Bill,
Busy-Dad-E

2 comments:

  1. A Bob Ross shout-out and a Chaucer reference in one post, well-played, my man.
    I hope it wasn't too much of a hassle. I'll be back. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seeing this! Wow, congrats and thanks!! Will get on this tonight!

    ReplyDelete