Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm Dripping


Happy Fatherhood Friday!

So from time to time, Little Brother has this weird "issue" in the bathroom.

He gets a very anxious look and starts screaming for me.

"Dad-E, I'm dripping!"

And we're not talking about any excretions.

In fact, I'm not sure what he's talking about.

Of course, the first time he screamed this, I was pretty worried about what was going on.  Until I couldn't find anything.

And you can wipe his bottom, and 5 minutes later he's running back to the bathroom screaming, "I'm dripping!  I'm dripping!"

When pressed on the issue, he admits that he really isn't "dripping", but that nonetheless he thinks he is.

These kinds of situations require a little "out-of-the-box" thinking.

If he can have some imaginary "dripping", then I can use my imagination to turn it off.

Every time he says he's "dripping", when I help him in the bathroom, I tell him that I turned things off.

Fortunately, he seems to accept this intervention.

Good thing, too, because plumbers are pretty expensive.

Cheers,
Busy-Dad-E

1 comment: