Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bab-E Brother's Library

For the longest time, Bab-E Brother could care less about books.

Every night we'd sit in the rocking chair with him, start to read something, and about 5 words into the story he'd hop off your lap to go do something else.

But all of a sudden, some months back, he became obsessed with books.

It was like flipping a light switch.

Suddenly books are the only way to get him down off of the ceiling fan.

"Bab-E Brother, if you juggle one more knife, you're going to time out."

"He he he he he."

"Bab-E Brother, stop dancing the Macarena on the kitchen table or we'll put your TRAINS in timeout."

"Hey, Macarena!"

"Bab-E Brother, do you want to go read about Mickey and the Beanstalk."

"[Suddenly I don't care about my plan to jump off the couch, use the cushion as a springboard, and attempt to land on my brother's back]. Mickey! Mickey! Read Mickey! "

We can choose to read him at least 8 different books before bed, or the same story 85 times, whichever takes longer.

After you wake up from passing out while reading finish the bedtime stories, he usually wants to do a little more reading in bed before falling asleep.

Yes, Bab-E Brother has quite the library in his room crib.

Chances are, if you're looking for something, it's in his "card catalog" under B for Book.


See you on Fatherhood Friday,
Busy-Dad-E

1 comment:

  1. While reading I look at my son. He is staring at the ceiling fan. I wonder, what will the the magic title to get him down one day.

    Then I remember hearing my sister in law reading Circus McGurkus for the 100th time in the few days I was visiting. Actually she was reciting it by then. I, on the other hand, tried to change passages only to be threatened by a 2 year old that suddenly appeared to have connections with the underworld.

    Yeah, I can wait.
    Great blog, I am enjoying it highly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete