Thursday, September 2, 2010

I LIke Your Face


Happy Fatherhood Friday. Don't forget to check out all of the great bloggers overa at dad-blogs.com. You'll like what you see.

The mind of a toddler is a curious thing.

I think all children have their idiosyncracies.

And Little Brother has one of his regarding Mom-E and I from the neck up.

For a long time now, Little Brother can not STAND it when Mom-E put her hair up in a pony tail.

If he spots her with an "up do", he very bluntly asserts "I don't like your hair. Mom-E, why your hair like that."

Anybody got some good recommendations for tact lessons?

Trying to be equitable in his disdain, Little Brother speaks equally bluntly if he sees me without my glasses.

"Dad-E, where are your glasses? I don't like your face."

(I had no idea the glasses made my appearance so much less repulsive.)

But on the flip-side, at least he can be complimentary.

Wearing my glasses sometimes garners me a spontaneous smile and a "I like your face."

And not to be left out in the cold, he'll complement Mom-E on her hair, too.

Apparently we have a future critic.

Have a good weekend,
Busy-Dad-E

5 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I knew he didn't like Mom-E's hair in a pony tail, but I didn't realize he was so blunt about "not liking" or "liking your face". I'm sure he'll catch onto tact at some point. At least you know he is very honest! love, aunt-e

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's too cute! Soon he will be picking on your clothes and or food preparation too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious. Like Aunt-E, I have witnessed his reaction to Mom-E's hair if it is in a ponytail, but I didn't know his reaction to your glasses. When he gets here today I am going to try an experiment and take my glasses off and see if he notices. He might not like my face either. Seriously though, I think he is so used to the way you look with your glasses that without them your face looks unfamiliar to him. He wants the Dad-E face that he is used to seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! He is too funny...already having opinions about appearances...well, you know one thing; he is going to be attracted to women who don't put their hair up in pony tails. Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just made me laugh aloud! :) Just this morning, one of our girls (20 months old) petted my hair and said, "Messy!" Watch out, kid...no snack for you today! HA!

    ReplyDelete