Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I’m thankful this holiday to be home with family.

But another thing I’m thankful for this year is technology.

(Of course, the includes the opportunity to write this blog.)

I’m really thankful this year for Skype.

Recently, I traveled internationally for.

And while it’s always hard on everyone to be halfway across the globe, Skype made it much more bearable, amidst the chaos.

It’s amazing to think that with Skype and a wi-fi connection, I was able to talk to and see my family and home from thousands of miles away in real time, for free, all on a device that fits in the palm of my hand.

Incredible.

And, of course, my boys’ favorite Skype activity is to virtually “pick my boogers.”

“Simple things for simple minds,” my mother would say.

Thank you, Skype, for bringing me closer to my booger-picking family when I wasn’t so close.

And thanks to you, dear readers.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Busy-Dad-E

No comments:

Post a Comment