Sunday, October 2, 2011

Junior Art Critic

So the other evening we forgot to get anything out for dinner out of sheer fatigue we decided to goout to eat.

At the end of the meal, as the boys were running to the bathroom and around the restaurant, Bab-E Brother suddenly developed a very concerned look on his face and an almost vacant stare.

"Uh-Oh" he uttered. (One of his new favorite phrases.)

"Did he poop? No."

"Did he drop something? No."

"Did his mild fall over and is now soaking the table and our belongings? No."

Suddenly it became clear that he was looking at this picture on the wall.


He keeps staring intently, with a concerned look, repeating "Uh-Oh."

I asked him a bunch of questions, which mostly resulted in more "Uh-Oh's."

But eventually he said "B". (Gar-E Bear).

"Where's B?"

And he proceeded to point to what I would call the "suitcase" in the man's hand in the picture.

And he continued to say "Uh-Oh." and "B." with a nervous expression.

Mom-E and I are still a bit perplexed.

Did it look to him like the man was going to drop "B"?

Did he think the man took his "B" (even though he was holding him)?

Either way (or some other way), it was a most curious sight to behold.

I'd really like to know what was going on in his mind.

Perhaps it's time to go to an art museum.

Have a good week,
Busy-Dad-E

3 comments:

  1. Maybe he had a dream about this picture and now he got scared when he saw it again? I actually remember a nightmare I had when I was 2, so every time my kids behave in a way I can't explain I think maybe they had a bad dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to know what was going on in his mind. So interesting!
    Love,
    Mom-E

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo looks like a giant dragon eye glaring at the little guy. Maybe he thought the bad dragon was going to steal or eat B? Not a painting I'd put in a restaurant...

    ReplyDelete