Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

When I was building our garden, I managed to substitute my fingernail for a regular nail with the hammer, which left the mark shown below.


And let me tell you did it smart. I can't remember the last time I'd had the same degree of physical pain.

Fortunately, with the help of ice and about an hour, although still quite tender for a few days, I was able to go finish building the garden.

But this Easter season, my finger is a powerful reminder of how infinitessimally minor my pain and suffering was compared to our Lord.


Happy Easter,
Busy-Dad-E

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Whenever I think I'm suffering (ie childbirth) I try to keep this in mind. Thanks for this post! Love, aunt-e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pain is very personal; the extent of which cannot be judged by others.

    ReplyDelete