Thursday, June 17, 2010

Office Poo-Poo Party


Happy Fatherhood Friday everyone! After you're done with your "business" here, be sure to plop on over to all of the great bloggers over at dad-blogs.com , where you won't find any doo.

So the other day I was at work, and Mom-E called me. Apparently they were nearby, and Little Brother had just informed her that he had to go #2.

They were on their way to the playground at the local mall.

Only problem is that Little Brother pretty much REFUSES to go potty anywhere but our house. But you already knew that from our adventures at pee-ball t-ball.

And with 3 boys 5 and under, it's darn near impossible for Mom-E to coordinate a bathroom effort involving 4 people for just 1 #2. :)

So Mom-E called to ask if they could come by--of course to see me--but with the primary mission of helping Little Brother go poo.

I chose to accept, and hoped no one self-destructed before they arrived.

So we managed to get the boys inside. I managed to get them into the bathroom. Both boys did #1 without any trouble.

Then I tried to sit Little Brother down on the Elmo potty seat, and the screaming fit ensued.

Over the course of the next 5 minutes, I tried a combination of tactics to keep Little Brother from makng a complete scene to help him calm down. These included a bribe of juice & crackers, playing with the toilet paper roll, playing with my work id, and letting him pop my puffed-out cheecks to make a tooting sound.

I succeeded in calming him down.

We succeeded in inspiring Big Brother to have to go #2, too.

So the boys swapped places, and Big Brother took care of business.

I thought this might help make Little Brother more comfortable about using this "foreign" potty.

It didn't.

We spent about the next 20 minutes trying to coax him to poop.

He spent 20 minutes exclaiming he didn't have to (although he may have let out one Fun Fruit sized dropping).

Mom-E tried some of her own tactics, too. One of these included giving him a piece of a Chex granola bar that was pretty much like a chocolate candy bar.

He made me hold the piece of granola bar.

Big Brother proceeded to ask me if I was holding poo-poo.

:)

Eventually, we decided that the Office Poo-Poo Party was just an exercise in futility.

By then, we were close enough to nap time that going to the playground at the mall was no longer an option.

Amazingly, Little Brother made no mention of having to go #2 the rest of the day, even after returning home.

And amazingly, I did not face any staring questioning eyes from co-workers (apparently they wore ear plugs during the party).

Have a good weekend,
Busy-Dad-E

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a good afternoon. :) One day he will learn to go outside the house, or not, like my little brother. 25 years old and refuses to sit on a public toilet. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

    Have a happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much had the same problem under I was 36. This made sleepaway camp quite unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had a problem with my two oldest doing the #2 outside the house. I just had a problem with BOTH of them being afraid of the loud sound the toilet makes. I guess there is always at least 1 problem when it comes to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who's son would only poo in a closet when he was Little Brother's age. He grew out of that.
    Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man....its just so funny how when you make plans with little kids, you never know if they'll actually be executed. It seems that there is little time not eaten up by naps, feedings, and bathroom breaks/diaper changes. Its sometimes difficult to manage other activities! Good luck with further #2 endeavors!@ hahaa love aunt-e

    ReplyDelete