Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why Toddlers Make Bad Witnessess

I noticed this with Big Brother, and now again with Little Brother.

Around the age of 2, it seems like toddlers become extremely suggestible when answering questions (especially those with 2 possible answers.)

It crakcs me up because they almost ALWAYS answer with the second of the two choices--no matter what they are.

"Little Brother, do you like to be called Little Brother or Little Bro?"

"Little Bro."

"Do you like to be called Little Bro or Little Brother?"

"Little Brother."

*****
"Who do you like better, Mom-E or Dad-E?"

"Dad-E."

"Who do you like better, Dad-E or Mom-E?"

"Mom-E."

OBJECTION! Counsel is leading the witness.

Uh, yeah, that's the idea.

*****
There are, of course, a few exceptions to this rule.

"What do you want to eat, broccoli or chocolate?"

"Chock-it!"

"Do you want chock-it or broccoli?"

"Chock-it!"

OBJECTION! Move to eat greens.

Over-ruled!

Adjourned until Fatherhood Friday,
Busy-Dad-E

7 comments:

  1. Later on in adolescence the answer changes to "I dunno, whatever" and they don' really mean that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! YOu can't fool that boy with greens! WeaselMomma:I keep hearing that and hanging on to these younger years!
    love,
    aunt-e

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! LOL! Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't fool kids on the broccoli thing, can you? I forgot about this part of toddlerhood, but the oldest will say, "Whatever" when she wants to irritate me, or make me laugh. She knows that "whatever" drives me bonkers and the reaction will depend on my mood.

    So, what's the final verdict, Little Bro or Little Brother? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @WM: Not really looking forward to that.

    @Aunt-E: At least they still eat their green peppers and cucumbers.

    @Rosi: Agreed.

    @Gramm-E: Yeah, its cute.

    @Surprised Mom: The final verdict depends on the order of names when you ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will file that little trick away in my bag. It may come in handy. It certainly wouldn't work with chock-it though. We get bum rushed at the mere mention of that word.

    ReplyDelete